I want to thank Gina Henning for this neat marketing idea and pass it along to all of you. Here is a way to help market yourself while helping your fellow authors. The basic idea is to respond to ten questions about something you’re currently writing, a book or story you just published or are about to publish.
- Post your responses to the interview questions about your book on your own blog page. (see my example below)
- Add my name, Sara Preston and my book cover montage (image) to your blog page and link them both back to this page.
- Send me the URL of your completed blog page after completing steps 1 and 2, above, along with an attachment image of your newest book or book montage.
- Send this blog to five or more other writers.
- Each time you forward this message to someone, start with: “I want to thank . . .” sentence as seen above, substituting my name, Sara Preston, for the one currently appearing in that first sentence.
- Ask them to substitute your name for mine as they send out notices to their circle.
- Tell them to post this same content on their website or blog, adding their book image and URL link, and to answer the questions below about their book.
- Ask the writers you invite to answer the questions on their blog, substitute your name in the “I want to thank” sentence at the beginning of this posting and include a link to your blog.
- They, in turn, link to five other writers, and the cycle continues.
I will add the first ten authors who complete my AUTHORS’ HALL OF FAME instructions above and e-mail me
@ tales2Inspire@optimum.net with the information listed in step 3 above.
What is your working title of your book (or story)?
The first book in my And Then Came Love Series will be released on May 2nd. The title is If You Only Knew.
Where did the idea come from for these books?
My relationship with my husband has always been full of twists and turns. He is bipolar and through the ups and downs of the last eight years we’ve always had each other. I wanted to show people what it’s like to be involved with a person with mental illness and that love is enough.
What genre do your books fall under?
My books are contemporary romance.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Julian: David Gandy
Liza: Amanda Righetti
Drew: Micah Truitt
Ava: Jaimie Alexander
Audrey: Sophia Bush
Everett: James Brolin
Jackie: Cindy Joseph
Gramps: Frank Langella
What is the short synopsis of your book?
The book begins with my heroine involved in a car accident outside my hero’s house. This single event leads to a whirlwind romance, an unexpected pregnancy, and ends with the meaning of true love.
Will your book(s) be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m self-publishing through Kindle Direct Publishing.
How long does it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Between a month and two months.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
My beta readers tell me it’s not your typical romance novel. I’ve even had some who don’t like romance novels who liked it.
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My husband inspired me to write this book. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t know how challenging and rewarding real love can be.
Thanks for playing! Watch for posts from the following: